Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What I Want Wednesday

Last Wednesday I did a "What I Love" and this week I'm going to do a "What I Want" (which is a huge list, so that gives me LOTS of ammo for future posts!).

Anyway...after watching countless YouTube videos of crafty ladies, I've really been wanting an embossing machine.  I've been doing a lot of research, some on YouTube and some reading reviews, and I've been eyeballing the Cricut Cuttlebug.




Besides having the cutest name ever, this little machine can really do some cool things.  Not only can it emboss your paper and cardstock, but you can use cutting dies and also cut shapes from your paper.  And the real cool thing is that it works with ANY brand of dies that are out there now.  Of course there is the ones made especially for the Cuttlebug, but there are also other brands that will work too (probably the most popular being the Spellbinders Nestibilities I'd guess).

But I'm really interested in it's embossing capabilities.  The embossing folders look like this:


They are, in fact, folders, in that they are connected on one end and open on the other.  You place your paper or cardstock inside it, run it through the Cuttlebug, and it comes out looking like this:



This example is obviously not made with the folder shown (and it's NOT a card I made...because I don't YET have a Cuttlebug!), but you get the idea.  See how such a simple design can be so beautiful?  NOW do you know why I want one?

I've discovered a website that sells all Cricut related products at greatly reduced price.  The Cuttlebug retails at many stores for around $90, but I found it for just $40.  Um, yeah, I don't think there's really too much of an excuse to NOT get one now!

What's on YOUR wish list?

Happy crafting,
Bridget

No comments: